2013 is looking exceptional for the Capricorn region - there’s never been a better time to invest. And with Hutchinson Builders charging ahead with construction and more than $20m in sales already secured, Oshen is delivering. There are now only a limited range of apartments remaining and these have been priced to sell and prices include free furniture packs/rental guarantee options, including:
- 12 x 1 bed apartments (from $375,000)
- 9 x 2 bed apartments (from $599,000 - 6 of these apartments can be configured in dual key formats for ultimate rental income and flexibility)
Positive developments underway or confirmed in the Capricorn region in 2013:
- Continuing investment in major projects, particularly ongoing construction of LNG projects in Gladstone
- Approval of Great Keppel Island development expected early 2013
- XXXX Island commenced operations late 2012
- Capricorn Resort bid to host Australian PGA golf 'major' submitted late 2012. NOTE: If successful, this will be the largest international sporting event ever be held in Capricorn and the associated economic benefits are enormous. The TV coverage alone goes to over 400 million people around the world.
- Increased investment in tourism marketing in 2013 on the back of strong results in 2012 (13% increase in domestic visitation to June 2012 compared to the previous year, followed by a 12% increase in the September quarter)
- 170 jobs created during Oshen construction and completion of the complex by Christmas 2013
Capricorn Enterprise (the region's peak tourism and economic development organisation), together with Rockhampton Regional Council have positioned the region as one of the nation's leading lights, ideally suited to LIVE, WORK, PLAY and INVEST. And the numbers back up the story. Latest Statistics reveal that Rockhampton and the Capricorn Coast are continuing to grow for the socio-economic benefit of all residents.
Rockhampton Regional Council boundary statistics:
-Labour force + 1.1% from Sep quarter 2011 to Sep quarter 2012
-Number of land sales + 22.1% year ending June 2012
-Number of dwelling sales + 21.0% year ending June 2012
-Median sale price of detached houses - no change year ending June 2012
-Median sale price of units and townhouses + 1.4% year ending June 2012
-Guest arrivals at hotels, motels and serviced apartments with 15 or more rooms + 14.8% year ending September 2012
-Airport Activity + 4.3% year ending June 2012
-Unemployment rate -1.2 percentage points from Sep quarter 2011 to Sep quarter 2012
Capricorn Enterprise CEO Mary Carroll said “this is fantastic news and reflects much of the hard work that continues to go on behind the scenes to promote this great region. Rockhampton and the Capricorn Coast continues to attract investors, business and people relocating for lifestyle and employment opportunities which is largely due to unified marketing and investment messaging” she said.